2008年12月25日 星期四

Journal #9 Class on Christmas

Dec. 24th, 2008
Oh, it has been a great Christmas afternoon. We had a wonderful time with Robert at Mos Burger from 1:30 to 5:30 this afternoon. Much thanks to Robert!!! By the way, we are going to have a new blood to the AFL family whose name is Peter, an expert of several languages from Hungary. Yeah, since we’ve got so little students in our program, it’s indeed pretty cool to have more people, especially a foreign student to our AFL family. It was pretty fun to watch him chatting Japanese with Robert and Lisa.
We spent the afternoon discussing enthusiastically about the trendy terms, coding, and grounded theory etc. From time to time, Robert shared some of his life experiences which are humorous and precious. I think Robert is cool that he always has so much fantastic ideas about researches. Like last time in the class, he told us that we could probably work on the project of teaching foreigners Chinese in the campus, and turn it into our thesis. And this time, when we discussed about trendy terms related to English in Chinese such as “很low” (lower class), “high” (extremely excited), “cool” (fancy, trendy), “LKK”(old fashioned), “LP”(oops…well,….not so good to mention here) etc, I suddenly had an idea of turning this into my thesis as well. Well, I guess I’m kind of influenced by Robert. LOL~ As I see it, it’s cool for foreigners to learn such terms because it’s kind of the real usages in daily life.

And the teaching foreigners Chinese thing reminds me of my experience of teaching a Korean businessman Chinese. He told me that he doesn’t care about ㄅㄆㄇ, what everyone learning now is “Pinyin”. I guess we should all learn the Pinyin from now.

沒有留言: