2008年10月9日 星期四

Journal #2 2008/10/09 A Wonderful Trip to 2008 Asia Pacific Traditional Arts Festival “Wow Philippines”

A Wonderful Trip to 2008 Asia Pacific Traditional Arts Festival “Wow Philippines”
2008亞太傳統藝術節::萬象千島菲律賓::驚豔之旅

I originally participated in this event because of Dr. Johanson who works as an interpreter and host in the Arts Festival. Before actually arrived at the Council for Culture Affairs, I had no idea of what this is like. Not until I see so many video cameras and media did I know it was a press conference. After the addresses of the hosts and the honest guests, I got a better picture of this excellent event which introduces cultures and traditions of the Philippines. It also mentioned a series of fabulous events of this Arts Festival afterwards.
I started to feel that what a worthwhile trip I have come to when the Filipino performers are performing their marvelous traditional dancing and music with their unique costumes. I indeed enjoyed the show very much, especially one of the episode the performers combined their music with traditional Taiwanese folk music which is “Alishan’s Girls.” I really appreciated the organizer’s idea of using traditional art performances as a media to achieve culture exchanges.
Another part I liked of this event is that I have a great chance to watch my honorable professor Johanson’s wonderful demonstration as an interpreter. Even though it was not a very formal interpreting scene, I liked the way Mr. Johanson summarized and paraphrased what the speakers said when the speakers hardly paused.
It was indeed a fruitful trip. Thanks to Dr. Johanson’s encouragement of participating such a wonderful event.
一開始是周若漢老師邀請我們去參加這個活動,因為老師在藝術節活動裡擔任翻譯。在到達文建會之前,我並不曉得這是一個什麼樣的活動,直到到達現場看到許多綠影機、相機與新聞媒體,才知道那是個記者會。而活動開始後,主持人及與會貴賓致詞後,我才更了解這是個文化交流,介紹菲律賓文化後續一連串活動藝術節的活動。
致詞完後,陸陸續續有菲律賓傳統歌舞、音樂的表演,讓我覺得真是不虛此行,完全沉浸在一種獨特的文化洗禮當中。當中有一段歌舞還穿插台灣傳統歌謠「阿里山的姑娘」讓我覺得很用心。我認為主辦單位安排傳統藝術表演來達成國與國之間的文化交流實在是在適合不過了。
此外,在這次的活動中我感到很榮幸,可以見識到我們尊敬的周若漢老師上台主詞及口譯。儘管這不是個很正式的口譯場合,但是我認為周老師口譯的很棒,因為儘管講者在幾乎不停頓的情況下,他用幾句話概括了最精髓的部份。這是一種很高明的技巧。
這次參加這個活動,真是滿載而歸。謝謝周若漢老師鼓勵我們參加那麼棒的一個活動!

沒有留言: