2008年11月3日 星期一

Journal #6 More ideas about how to graduate

Last Thursday in Robert's class, we had a great visitor YVONNE to share her precious experience of how she graduate and mostly about how she wrote her thesis. Yvonne indeed told us a lot of details in accomplishing her thesis and I really appreciate that. I learned a lot from her actually. After hearing her talks, I found that it can take a lot of hard working to get thru' all of this tough works. After all, no pains no gains. (There's no free lunch, you must work for what you want. 天下沒有白吃的午餐)
According to Yvonne, the topic part is the most difficult. It does not mean that finding a topic is difficult, but to make sure it is an appropriate and workable topic is. She said that searching for the material or reference was not a big problem for her; however, selecting the useful information out of so many reference she found took her a lot of times. Um...that's an interesting points to me. What I consider writing about is the concept of "Self-translation" in a book called "SWORDBIRD." Mr. Lin, the dean, thought it is a workable topic. Nevertheless, I am kind of worry about lack of the references. Whatever, I am still thinking about whether I'll stick to this topic or not.
In addition to writing a thesis, it is said to publish a JOURNAL article in well-known journals like SSCI. Well, if one publish a journal, he or she does not have to do the proposal; and then it will save a lot of time. Sounds really fantacy to me. I guess I'll start figuring out how this gonna work.
By the way, I've also been to Jalen's proposal last Friday. Since I have no one to compare to, I found Jalen's presentation was great even though the judges pointed out some of the points that he should have pay attention to. Alright I gotta go to a date now, I'll talk about Jalen's proposal next time.

沒有留言: